What a crazy day

Well last night was not exactly what I had expected it to be for several reasons. :) We had a delightful time at the party, even though only one guest was able to make it (thanks Rosie!). We had fun laughing and chatting. Gina, the Lia Sophia rep, did a great presentation for us and we tried on all the jewelry. For those that couldn't make it, you were missed! If you would like to see a catalog I have some. We are closing the show on Saturday. And just so you know the special right now is Enjoy any 2 items at Regular price and any 1 item for half price then SPOIL yourself with any 2 necklaces ALL for HALF PRICE! (Your most expensive items are HALF PRICE). So if you're interested, let me know.

Last night after the show, I had a little bit of an emotional breakdown. It didn't really have to do specifically with the party, but more about things that have been building up over the last few weeks. In fact, it didn't have anything to do with the show. It's just funny how sometimes things line up in our environment, and all of the sudden we see a truth about ourselves, and that truth, although usually painful, is hopefully a catalyst in our changing something to help us be a better person. That kind of happened to me last night, and it was painful to admit some things to myself about the person I am. However I think this is one way God has of helping us recognize our weaknesses, and encouraging us to turn it into a strength. And that is my hope, that as I deal with this new knowledge, I'll be able to make some changes that will eventually lead to more joy from something that use to be painful.

Well, after the party, Willow and I went to visit my dad, as it was his birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday dad!!! I've got such an awesome dad, he has done so much for me over the years, and he puts up with my crap. I love you MORE!!! Willow loves my dad too! Actually she loves both my parents and goes nuts when we go see them. They both have this dog whisperer thing going on, and can get her to calm right down. I think Willow broke her tail; it has a one inch crook at the end. Not sure how she did it. We are taking her to be spayed next week, so we'll have them look at it. We had a fun visit and it was great to see my parents!

When I got home, Mike was on the couch, and couldn't move. Literally. I have never seen him in so much pain! We tried to get him standing so we could go to bed, and... let me just say it was awful. He fell around Christmas on the ice and hurt his back. A chiropractor told him it was a bulging disk and helped him and he was getting better. Well sometime after he left for Scouts last night something happened, we're not quite sure what. He said it felt like someone had stuck a one inch knife in his lower back. And it was sending sharp pains down his left side all the way to his toes. We called some men from the ward to come over and give him a blessing. It was a beautiful blessing! God is so good! Then they helped us get him into the car, it took five minutes, that's how bad it was! We went to the ER, what a joke. I know those good people try so hard, but for something being an emergency, you sure do a lot of waiting! Finally we got him into a bed and he started to be able to calm down (he was spasaming in the wheel chair - it was so sad!) and he was able to take some small naps while we waited. Obviously there wasn't much they could do at that point, but they gave him a shot and some pain meds, and he finally was able to get some real sleep. We left around 3, and got to sleep about 3:30am. Can I just tell you how much I love this man, and my heart breaks over this pain. Please pray with me that he'll heal quickly.

Last night I posted a... interesting post right during my emotional breakdown. I said things that I probably would never have said in a rational moment. If you read it, I'm sorry. If I offended you or made you feel bad, I'm sorry (It's been removed). After sitting in the hospital for four hours, as you can imagine, I had some time to think. :) It's amazing how we think we should go down one road, because we just know it's the best thing for us, but then it turns out, Heavenly Father has different plans. And even though those plans are not very pleasant sometimes, when you come out the other end, you always (sometimes after some time dealing with it) see that in the end, he was right. As I said, yesterday (the whole day) did not turn out how I expected. But, I learned a lot about myself, about the strength in Mike, about treating others with love, and about the love of my Heavenly Father for me, and all around me.



Dan and Nicole said…
Hey Sam....I'm in your ww class and saw your comment on Kris' blog and just had to read yours. You inspire me to be better in all aspects of life. I too have blog posts that I write in "the heat of the moment" and then I publish them and immediately erase them. Funny how we do that. Keep up the awesome work.

Sam said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
You seem like such an idiot to me!
Happy to hear that Mike is doing better. Sorry I was not able to come to the party....I was making necklaces with the YW from our old ward last night. And latley I haven't felt like doing much.

Sounds like everyone is having crapy days lately. It will get better I know....someday :)

Oh, and whoever left the above comment.....they're the idiot!!
Russ and Liana said…
Boy, I sure know how you feel! But I love you and support you in all you do!! Feel better soon, and don't let stuff like this cause an avalanch in other parts of your life. I had one more thing to say, but I forgot. ;)

Love you, Lady!
Dan and Nicole said…
Missed you last night! I hope you are doing well :)

Popular Posts