My Dark Little Corner

***Before reading this post, press play on the the music box to the side, your expereince will be enriched if you do. :)***

This morning I was driving to work and contemplating my life. I usually say my morning prayers as I drive to work. I find if I say them when I first wake up, I'll just fall back asleep. But when I'm in the car by myself I turn the music off and it's pretty peaceful. So my morning drive is usually a contemplative one, but especially this morning. I was just about to turn off the radio to pray, when this song came on. I've always loved this song, but this morning it just really touched my heart. As I listened to it, I started thinking about all the changes I'm making, or trying really hard to make. It is risky to change, you know? You wonder if you can do it, you wonder if what you are changing will be better than what you have. You wonder if people will expect more of you once you change, and if it isn't easier to stay where you are. All of these things were going through my mind as I listened. I thought, you know I've been living in my dark little corner of the world the last several years. I've let myself become average, when I know I have much more to offer. I started to feel a great sense of hope rise within me as I thought, you know what, I'm taking that chance, I'm taking the risk, and I'm going for it. This year, I'm not stopping and I can't wait to see what's on the other side! I want to enjoy the journey, and hopefully inspire and help others along the way. I'm crawling out of the corner and stepping out! I'm not giving into Satan anymore, he holds no power over me. When he comes a callin', I won't be there! I have a lot to offer this world, and I'm going to give it with all my heart! I want to say thank you to each of my readers. First, thanks for reading my long posts, that in itself is really nice! ;) But also thank you for caring, thank you for supporting and encouraging me, thank you for being amazing examples for me. You change me too, and you make me a better person!

"I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I loved
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway"

Do you have a dark corner too? I know exactly what mine is, and where I get trapped. I'm giving it up, and I hope you'll give this some thought, and give yours up to. This world has too many people living as average, when they are actually a diamond. We have been pushed down by environment, enfluences, and Satan. Let's throw those things off and be GrEaT! Join me!

Signature

Comments

Sarah said…
Thanks hon, I needed this so much today. My heart is blue and this helped very much. Love you.
This song was my motto after a terrible and not good for me relationship......then Chris and I started dating and look what happend :) Good for YOU!!!
Dawn Rapsas said…
I am so proud of you!!Don't let anyone or anything stand between you and what you want. I have heard it said, and I know it is so true for me when I reflect on my success and it goes something like this...It it not necessarily the final outcome of reaching the goal that I am most proud of, but rather all the challenges and obstacles that I conquered along the way to get there.

I know you are a warrior Sam!! I believe in you. Claim what is yours and be confident that you have the power, the courage, the right, to live the life you love and in doing so you will serve others in your shining example.

Love You Friend!!
Dawn
Mom said…
Sam,
You inspire me. You have such greatness in you and have such strength. As you find yourself by writing in your blog you are helping others and especially me. I love more than you will ever know. I know you will succeed. I love you more!!!!!

Popular Posts