An emotional weekend

Never thought I would say something like this, but I have to be honest, I'm glad this weekend is over! We bought a new training system for Willow. And while we are really excited about the changes it's bringing about, it has been a tiring and emotional ride. We were doing the class at Pet Smart, which are all about the treats. But we just were not seeing the changes in her we had hoped for or any improvement in her behavior. We were just really frustrated and thinking bahhhh! So Mike's brother told us about this training program that he used with his dogs and it was really great (if you want more details for your dog, e-mail me). So we looked it up online, and bought it!! I also have to say that Pet Smart was really great and gave us a partial refund for the classes we had paid for, they definitely kept our business!! This new program has made a huge difference. It is more about teaching your dog who is the Alpha (just like the mom dog is the alpha and corrects her puppies with growls, nips, and occasionally grabbing that skin above their neck). Turns out Willow is a very willful pup, and had a really hard time giving up her position in our little pack. And let's be honest, she was running the roost! (Is that a mixed metaphor?) Then, on top of that we were speaking in church today; I had a Sunday lesson to prepare, and family coming over for dinner.
So... yeah, emotional. But overall the talk went well and I felt good about it. I spoke about Obedience and Sacrifice. What originally got me thinking about those two principals was that to do what I have set forth, to accomplish my spiritual goals, and my weight loss goals, I'm going to have to be obedient. To the Lord, and also to the rules I have set for myself. I am going to have to make sacrifices. Both in food I may want to eat, and in making sure that I spend a good amount of time doing the things I know will bring the spirit in my life. Because I don't think I can do this without Him! I need that extra help and strength! That's why I made my goals two fold. Huge blessings, but that will take some sacrifices. I've already given up my three favorite shows I used to watch (although I'll definitely watch the finale of the Biggest Looser). Now it's about filling my time with productful and goal-fulfilling activities. Anyway... that was my talk in a nutshell... minus the crying! :) My primary lesson went just fine; I've got a darling class!

Dinner with family was kind of last moment, which was a little stressful, but we had so much fun I'm glad we did it! It was my parents and Mike's parents that came up from Price. They all came to hear us speak, and then came over to our place for some dinner. It was fun to spend some time with all of them, as we haven't done that in a while! We have such great families, we are so blessed!

Well I'm off to spend some time with my honey, good night!

This is the last January I will be overweight - woo hoo!!

Comments

Higbee said…
Everything is coming together. This is your Year! Nothing can stop you! You are doing great! Keep it up!

Popular Posts