Broken, but not defeated!

If you haven't seen Avatar, go see it!! I saw it last night for the first time, and went again today with Mike. I didn't really get what all the hubub was about, but now... I get it! It's so funny where we get inspiration from or when it comes. The last three days I've been struggling with wanting to eat healthy. No particular reason that I can see. Probably because the honeymoon stage is over. The big weight losses, you know the 5lbs a week, are over (at least for a little while). The "will-power" is winding down, and now it's up to gumption! I'm just feeling a little blah. As I was watching the movie today, I realized that Satan wants me to feel that way. He wants me to stop moving forward, to fail. He wants me to feel beaten down and that it's impossible to accomplish my dreams. There is a scene in Avatar where the people's home has been destroyed, and the people are checking their wounded. They have been beaten back and are in much sorrow. They are broken. The hero of the story comes into save the day. He brings them hope and returns their fire and determination to live. As cheesy as it may sound, in that moment as I listened to him, I started to feel my own hope cup fill up. I started to think of all the things and people in my life that my Father in heaven has given me. For the Savior that I so often forget to rely on and ask for help. For any amazing husband who is so supportive and thoughtful. For the peace and strength I gain from living the Gospel and following God's commandments (or at least striving to anyway). I'm not giving up, I will achieve what I have set out to do. I may feel a little broken, I may have failed in the past, but I am NOT defeated!

Signature

Comments

Along with Satan, winter months are super hard for any of us to feel our best....so just keep going and be patient with yourself, it will happen. Broken moments will come again and again but that is why you just get back up and keep going. We've all been there and will be there again with you becuase it happens to all of us :)
Sarah said…
Thanks gal - I needed this post at this exact moment. I can't tell you what an impact it had on me. Thank you for the bottom of my heart.

love you.
Kari said…
Yay you! It WILL pay off - you just have to trust and know that what you put in to this journey will come back to you if you keep your chin up!

YAY SAM!!

Popular Posts