Beautiful Blogger Award
I feel honored that I received this award not only once, but twice this week!! Once from Anne over at Smaller Fun Pants (thanks Anne for your kind words!!) and once from Lesia at Here we go... Hold on tight! (Thanks to you too Lesia, you're such a great friend!) So the rules of this award, give it to 7 people, and tell you 7 things about me you didn't know. Which means... 14 of each?! Prepare yourself for a long post! :D Let's get started!
First, I would like to pass this award on to the following people (to these 14 people, don't forget to post this button on your blog, give it to 7 people, and tell us 7 things about you that we don't know):
1. Lily from Lily Fluffbottom. I've just met Lily, but I think we have a lot in common. She is newer to the blogging world and overcoming her fear of putting herself out there! I look forward to getting to know her better and to cheering her on!
2. Is for my sister-in-law at Dandelion Design. She is a mother, quilter, friend, sister, daughter, and runner. She is an AMAZING woman and I totally look up to her! If you are a crafter, check out her blog to see her quilts! And if you like to hear the musings of a intensely interesting person, go check her out! Oh, and most of all, she is beautiful!
3. Tami from A Battle Worth Winning. Tami's blog started out as a blog about depression and has just added her battle against the bulge as well. Tami lives down the street from me and is such a great friend! She is one of the most giving people I know and I dream of being like her when I grow up. She is also a fantastic driver! I would take a guess that most people who deal with being overweight also deal with depression. If that is the case for you check out her blog. You'll find it highly motivating and positive!
4. Lisa at In Weigh Over My Head. She is a beautiful woman, with a beautiful soul inside! She has been working hard at overcoming her set backs and I have no doubt she'll get there!
5. Lady of the House from It's Time. This friend is an awesome mom and does a lot for everyone around her. I'm sure glad she's decided It's time to take care of herself! She is a beautiful blogger for sure!
6. Traci from Traci's Treasures. Traci is another new friend, and I truly enjoy reading her blog! She has lost some serious weight and looks fantastic! She is overcoming some health challenges and I admire her strength!
7. Holly from Perseverance Within Me. Holly is totally kicking butt at her weight loss!! She definitely does have a lot of perseverance and it shows!!
8. Liana from Vegan Ana. The best-est of friends, that who this girl is! Check out her blog for a fun dietary option. She has always been beautiful to me, and always will be!
9. Tori from A Journey to a New Me. Tori has set some fantastic weekly goals and I know she'll do it. We are new blog friends, so I don't know her very well yet, but I look forward to learning more about this beautiful blogger!
10. My cousin Sarah from Stochastically Sarah. She is SOOOOO strong! We have been re-united lately through our blogs and I love that! She is one tough cookie and I know she can handle anything that comes her way.
11. Mary from A Merry Life. This chick-a-dee just moved across country by herself! She has an adventure's spirit and nothing is going to stop her!
12. Jamie from Healing the Fat from the Inside Out. I'm new to Jamie's blog, but I admire her determination to better her life!
13. Laura from Mama's Fit Life. I'm new to Laura's blog as well but look forward to getting to know her. In the few posts I have read I definitely see a Fit Mama!
and last, but not least...
14. Scale Junkie from Scale Junkie. If you are not familiar with this site you need to go. She has started a fantastic challenge that is free and open to anyone. It's a great way to meet new people and to stay connected. Thank you for providing such a forum for us on this weight loss journey!!
Okay, now for 14 things about me that you may or may not know:
1. I'm a total fanatic when it comes to the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've watched the series. Pathetic, I know.
2. I lived in Alaska for 18 months serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As such, I have been ice fishing with Eskimos!
3. I owned my own motorcycle for about 2 1/2 months.
4. I'm the only girl and the baby in my family - shocking I know!
5. For 10 1/2 months I slept on a blow up mattress.
6. I am a fan of net work marketing. I have done bra parties (now that's a party!), make-up parties, chocolate parties, nutritional supplement parties, and cooking shows. Although not actively doing parties (except for cooking shows), I still sell all these items. Someday I plan to get very rich doing this. :)
7. I met my husband the day after I got home from my mission, we dated for 2 1/2 months, were engaged for 2 1/2 months, and married after knowing each other for 5 short months.
8. I have pet a real live moose. On the antler. Really.
9. I had a 45lb weight dropped on my knuckle in high school, luckily it had the rubber padding on it so it didn't crush it, just cracked it.
10. I'm a cautious driver (That's for you Tami!). Hasn't always been so... when I was 20 I was put on probation for too many speeding tickets.
11. Continuing on #10, I received two tickets with in 30 minutes of each other. Exactly. The first one I laughed, the 2nd I cried.
12. We taught willow to give kisses when she catches your fingers in her teeth on accident. Sometimes I pretend to be hurt just to get kisses.
13. When we get pizza and wings from Domino's, I eat all of the wings by myself, plus about 3-4 slices of pizza. Yum! Yes, there is a reason my butt is the size it is.
14. I'm a Hannah Montana fan. I know I just lost you're respect... but it had to be said. I do not like all the dolls, clothes, and all that crap. Just the show, and the movie was cute. And I love her song The Climb! FANTASTIC words, very motivating, you should listen to it!
Whew.... now I need a nap!!