Warning, long post!! (But hopefully worth reading)

So as I had mentioned, I've been in a funk. Being so tired from being sick does not help in the desire to cook! So last night we gave in again and went to Apollo burger, oh Apollo burger!! Yum! And I was NOT good. Anyway, I had a few fries left over. And this morning I kept thinking, "Oh, those would be so good... with lots of melted cheese on top... with fry sauce... no Sam, don't give in, be healthy... but grease and cheese and sauce (I'm a sucker for sauces)... but... no... ahhhh... uhg... oh whatever... and I ate them - with the cheese AND the sauce. I was in no way strong. :( And as I sat on the couch afterwards thinking, they weren't even that good, a thought came to me. That the food never tastes as good as the sense of control when you don't give in feels. And yet the food wins so often, stupid food! And yes, it was morning, like 9:30 or 10 when I ate it. So now of course my WHOLE day is ruined, and I have to weigh in tomorrow and blah blah blah.

Well as I sat there feeling sorry for myself, I realized that kind of thinking never got anyone anywhere. So I made a mistake, it happens. Get over it and move on I told myself. So I picked myself up off the couch and took Willow out back and ran around with her for 10 or 15 min. Good workout, holy crap is she fast! We did this couple more times throughout the day, probably got in 30-40 minutes total for the day. Then we came inside, I put my cleaning shorts on, plugged in my iPod, and got to work. I deep cleaned the kitchen (and oh-my did it need it!), and also did the living room and our bedroom. I will have to hit the bathrooms tomorrow. It feels AWESOME to have a clean house, and to feel accomplished. We had about four baskets full of laundry to be folded. I dumped them all in the living room and almost took a picture for you, it was comical. I hope I'm not the only one that does her laundry, but then we just pull it out of the basket as needed and only fold it about 1/4 of the time. I'm a lousy housekeeper. But the funny thing is that I LOVE when the house is clean. I think better, I eat better, I'm kinder, I feel good about myself, etc. It's so true that cleanliness is next to Godliness. The rest of my day went really well, and while I didn't track, I ate just fine. Mike made really tasty stuffed green peppers and rice, it was delicious!! Yum!

So while I was cleaning the kitchen, a song came on that really hit me. It is called Crazy by Alanis Morissette. I know you've heard it, it was on The Devil Wears Prada (love that show). Anyway... the main chorus line really made me think... "We're never going to survive unless we get a little crazy". I have set some monstrous goals for myself. And the only way I'm going to survive is to get a little crazy. I don't know, it was just really motivating at the time. One of those songs you can turn up really loud and dance around the house with your dog and feel good about life, ya know? :)

My friend, Carrie, sent me this awesome quote and I'd like to share it with you, it fits perfectly with the roller coaster I've been on the last couple of days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your body is Divine…

With 206 Sturdy bones,
More than 650 Dynamic Muscles,
12 perfectly Synchronized organ systems,

And over 10 trillion life giving human cells.

Your Body is Miraculous…
.
Every day your heart beats over 103,000 times,
Your respiratory system powers 25,920 breathes,
Your body produces a consistent 98.6 Degrees of heat,
And your body produces almost 200 billion new blood cells each day
And that is just the beginning…

Every day your mind, body, and spirit work together to give you the fortitude to fulfill family, church, work and community obligations. You take good care of everyone else; it is time to take care of you.

Make a promise to yourself-RIGHT NOW-that you will appreciate your body as the precious gift from God it was meant to be. SATAN is jealous of your physical body because he doesn’t have one-and he’ll continually try to seduce you to ABUSE, NEGLECT, and DESPISE YOURS!

DON’T LET HIM!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it, thanks so much for sharing this Carrie! It's just the reminder I needed to get my butt moving again. I am not out of this fight. As I sat there today after eating the fries, I thought to myself, you know I could quit right now. Or, I could accept that I made a mistake and move forward. This won't be the last battle. And it probably won't be the last battle I lose either. But I only truly lose if I quit. If I keep going and keep sacrificing, and keep being obedient, and keep fighting, I will be able to stand at the end of the finish line and know that I have truly won!

My new favorite quote:
"Start calling yourself healed, happy, whole, blessed, and prosperous. Stop talking to God about how big your mountains are, and start talking to your mountains about how big your God is!" — Joel Osteen

Okay, well this post is huge, sorry, but I thought I would give you an update on my spiritual goals since I haven't talked about those in awhile. Book of Mormon by my birthday - it's coming along. I get to read at least a chapter just about every morning before work. I love it because the house is quiet (except for Willow of course who I have to throw her rope while I'm reading - sometimes that's tricky) and it's just me time. Temple March - December - well, the other part to this is that I needed to obtain my temple recommend by March. I'm delighted to say that this will be happening, and am SOOO excited to attend the temple again very soon. It's been way to long! Read Love & Respect - ummmm... okay, I've been slacking on this one. I'm about 1/2 through the first chapter. I'll start working on it. Have one family over for dinner - this hasn't worked out quite yet, but I will set something up for the first Sunday in March. Attend all my Sunday meetings - this has actually gone really well. I did miss the last two Sundays, but I was seriously sick. And that is my update. All in all, I’d say not too shabby.

Okay, I'll stop. If you have read all of this then you are a real trooper!! Love to all my friends, knowing you are there reading my wacky thoughts and cheering me on really gives me strength!! Thanks!!

Signature

Comments

Great post! You are awesome! Love ya!
Emery said…
So I know that when I get addicted to facebook or say, updating blogs...I spend a lot of idle time sitting...here are some easy do at your desk moves to jumpstart your plan and get moving a bit...it's much better than doing nothing.

Glance at the wall clock and rip off a minute's worth of jumping jacks. If you're a beginner, try the low-impact version (raise your right arm and tap your left toe to the side while keeping your right foot on the floor; alternate sides)
Do a football-like drill of running in place for 60 seconds. Get those knees up! (Beginners, march in place.)
Simulate jumping rope for a minute: Hop on alternate feet, or on both feet at once. An easier version is to simulate the arm motion of turning a rope, while alternately tapping the toes of each leg in front.
While seated, pump both arms over your head for 30 seconds, then rapidly tap your feet on the floor, football-drill style, for 30 seconds.

Sitting in your chair, lift one leg off the seat, extend it out straight, hold for 2 seconds; then lower your foot (stop short of the floor) and hold for several seconds. Switch; do each leg 15 times.
To work your chest and shoulders, place both hands on your chair arms and slowly lift your bottom off the chair. Lower yourself back down but stop short of the seat, hold for a few seconds.

Desk pushups can be a good strengthener. Standing, put your hands on the desk. Walk backward, then do push-ups against the desk.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
Brett and Ali said…
Don't get discouraged! Every day is a new day and you CAN do it :)

Popular Posts