Capturing the moment

I've posted so much about the "pains" of pregnancy that I wanted to post some positive too. And I think this is one of the most important things I've discovered! 

I posted a question about doing pregnancy pictures and if I should do them now at 31 weeks or wait until I'm bigger on FB. I was having a hard time deciding. I think I've decided to wait maybe 3 or 4 weeks more. Then hopefully the bloom will be not just in my belly - but in Spring too! :)

It does bring up an interesting thought for me though. I know that these kinds of pics aren't for everyone, and that's fine. In fact this is something I've really learned over the last 6 months. No matter what the topic - when it comes to pregnancy, birthing, child care, etc - people will ALWAYS have a different opinions. Anyway, as for the pictures, let me be clear - I'm talking like couples photos of Mike and myself. Maybe a few focusing on the tummy. But all clothed. :) No bare tummy shots. I told my brother - who is going to take them for me - I just wanted tasteful, simple, and sweet pics. 

A couple of people didn't feel like they would want pictures of themselves like this. And I can definitely understand that. I mean right now my face is broken out like a teenager's in puberty. My stretch marks look like I was attacked by a mountain lion (hence the no bare tummy pics)! My feet are so swollen my ankles almost don't want to bend,  and I am in desperate need of a hair cut!

But even with all that - I can honestly say this is one time in my life that I feel truly beautiful. I love my body so much for allowing this precious experience. I have waited for these moments - even the stressful and painful ones - for six and 1/2 years. After so many times of wondering if it would be able to carry a child - I finally know. And that brings nothing but appreciation and gratitude. I don't want that to go by without taking a moment to appreciate this gift that has been given me. 

And so I'm going to take these pics. And I'm sure I won't care for all of them. But I also hope to capture the true joy and delight that I feel not just for Emma, but for my body in making it possible for her to come to our family. And for God - who gave us these miraculous bodies in the first place!

Comments

Joy said…
Hey Sam!! So excited for you and Mike. Sounds like you are doing well!!

Take care of yourself!!
take the pictures and treasure them. I never did bare belly pictures either just simply ones of me and the belly growing and I am so glad that I did. I love looking back at them and so do my kids. I know I have enjoyed the 2 pictures my mom has of her while pregnant with me as well. You will not regret taking them. Speaking of that growing belly...you should post a picture here for us to see you :)

Popular Posts