Image and Reality

I've been working on changing a little habit. This little thought process. Whenever I start a new "Plan" or a new diet, or a new whatever - I start to get this image of myself in my head. It's a good image - it's the image of what I want to become. And as I start making healthy changes, the image becomes more and more clear. The problem is that when I look in the mirror I expect to see that new image - sometimes right away. While this image can be a really good thing and a motivator, this expectation is not. And it become discouraging that the two  - my image and my reality - don't match up. But this time around, every time I feel that discouragement I'm trying to kindly remind myself that it WILL if I just keep making the other changes that I'm focusing on daily. That if I do those enough and don't quit - soon those two will become the same!

Comments

Popular Posts