Next Chapter....

For the last two and half years I've had the pleasure of serving the Young Women in our ward. A year and half of that I was the 2nd counselor in the presidency. And for just under a year I was the President. Today we were released from these callings. It was kind of a bitter sweet day. I have grown to love these girls so much!!! They truly have such amazing spirits, strong testimonies, and beautiful smiles. I have so many wonderful memories that I'll take away from these years and I'll hold them in my heart forever. 

I've been blessed to have such a peace about this change and to know it is the will of God from the moment I knew about it. It can be so scary letting go of something so big, and at the same time trusting that someone else will now take care of these sweet girls I love so much. I have had a sincere knowledge that whoever was called would be exactly who is needed. Today as we sustained the new presidency my heart was full. The Spirit was strong, and testified to me that this is good. That they will be in very capable and loving hands. And that it's okay to move forward. As I told the girls today - if there is one thing in life that is always constant - it's that change will always come. 

While it's sad to say goodbye to the YW (of course I'll still see them, but you know what I mean) I am excited to move forward and to prepare our home for this little girl and to finally have the calling I've dreamed about for so long - mommy!

Comments

Popular Posts