Give a little more...

I had a dream last night that was so real! I have always been a vivid dreamer. A lot of times I'll wake up and tell Mike the crazy dreams I had, and then any question about my sanity, well... that clinches it! :) But this dream...

Honestly I don't remember the details 100%. I know I was sick, and I got shot. But I was dying - and the Dr told me I had about a week. I remember telling each of my family members. I remember telling Mike and that awful pit in my stomach realizing that I would never get to have his babies. But that I sincerely wanted him to remarry and find joy. It was one of those dreams that you wake up from, and you realize - it was a dream! And you start crying, because you are so happy it was a dream!  Well... like I said... I am a bit crazy! ;)

But in actuality, there is nothing like a dream like this to pull in your perspective and help you realize, wow, it's time to make some changes. Not the kind of changes I spoke about in my last post. But things like - stop waiting until you are "healthy" to live and enjoy life!  Stop being so selfish with time and money - because your going to give it all up in the end anyway! We are only given a few short years on this life, and I feel like I have wasted so many of those watching TV, playing on the computer, eating, sleeping, and hiding. I want to connect more. I want to serve more. I want to get to the end of my life - hopefully many many years from now - and look back and not have just a ton of regrets. With that said, I'm going to use my day off, and go visit some family.

This time of year always seems to bring us a little closer. I hope for you and myself, that we will all take care to not let that end when December does. But to carry that same spirit about us through out the year. To give a little more, and take a little less. Merry Christmas to you, I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Signature

Comments

Popular Posts