I'd be so ungrateful....

To not take a moment on this day to share my gratitude for the many many blessings we've been given. My thoughts and heart have been very full this week as I have contemplated life, God, and his tender mercies. This truly has been a huge year for this little family. So let me wipe away the tears that are already flowing and see if I can get through this. 

I am so grateful for my sweet husband. He has such a big heart and always is trying to help others. He is such an example to me of what being kind and giving is. He works so hard to provide for us. And especially in the last couple of months - he has really pitched in and done SOOOO much while I've been sick. He works hard in his calling and is a man of God. I'm grateful for the priesthood he holds and is worthy of. He loves me despite my flaws and I will forever be grateful he is mine. I love him with all my heart! 

Serving the young women is such a joy and I learn something every time I am with those girls. I am so grateful for the leaders I have been blessed to serve with - both from this presidency and the previous one. I truly have learned so much from these women and have been strengthened by their testimonies. I am very grateful to the president that I served under before I was called. Her leadership and grace taught me a lot about what it is to be a leader and I am grateful for her example of love and service.

I'm grateful for the promotion and raise that Mike received this year. We have been so blessed to both have jobs and this is something I really try hard not to take for granted.  With this raise we should be able to finally get out of debt and to be able to better provide for our family. And hopefully it will lead to me being able to work part time so I can stay home with our kids. 

I am grateful for Christmas music. 

I am grateful for Willow - she can be such a pill sometimes, but she brings a lot of love and silliness into our lives. 

I am so grateful for my job. It was a tough decision to leave Mozy and to go to Stevens Henager. It was a big pay cut, and we were worried that would cause problems. But it truly has been such a blessing. Working from home for a good portion of the time was wonderful. This year I moved to a different department and I love this job! It is perfect for me. I'm so grateful for a flexible schedule and a boss that has been so understanding through out my first trimester.

I'm grateful that for whatever reason, my body decided to start working this year. I'm grateful for the four periods I had and to be a woman. I'm grateful for the emotional work I've been able to do with my hypnotherapist and for the freedom that has given me. I'm grateful for my body and all that it allows me to do. Including, but not limited to - carrying our first child. I am grateful that the Lord has blessed us to get pregnant on our own and that we didn't have to do (and pay for) fertility treatments. And even so I am grateful those treatments are available as they have blessed many I know and love. It has been a good year.

I am so so so so grateful for all of our family and friends. Much love to them all! 

There is so much more, but I'm going to end with one more. This year my testimony has grown alot. I have come to know my Savior on a deeper level then I ever have before. The last couple of years have been trying on several different levels. The other night I learned about something and it kind of was the straw that broke the camels back. I allowed myself a small pity party of tears. And as I laid there wondering if someone would always hate me I saw in my minds eye a very clear and distinct picture of Christ. I saw him in the garden of Gethsemane, on trial, and finally on the cross. He was hated and despised by so many. And yet, he did not have pity parties and  he did not have anger in his heart. Instead he felt love and forgiveness for these people who knew not what they were doing. He knew of his own self worth and value of being God's son and that overruled what others thought. I felt his love in that moment and it was like he was in the room. I felt that love he had for them and it spread to the people I felt wronged by. His self assurance became my own as I felt the love of God fill my heart. I was able to find forgiveness for them and peace for myself. I am grateful to know that he is my Savior. That he died for my many sins, and for all those that I love.

Happy thanksgiving to all - may it be a day and year filled with love!









 

Comments

Popular Posts