Sunday, October 28, 2012

Being Pregnant...

Is not really at all what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was supposed to be all roses and puppy dogs, cute baby outfits and designing a baby nursery. Wonderful moments of having a darling baby bump and that pretty "pregnancy glow". Turns out that glow - is really just the sheen of sweat after having thrown up... again. Hahahahaha 

Okay - I didn't really think it would be so sweet and pain free - I mean I'm naive, but not that naive. I have always had a sensitive nose and stomach, so I pretty much figured I would be dealing with morning sickness. Although that name is not really accurate. In my case it's been all day and then some sickness. I've enjoyed nausea pretty much since the day we took the test. I haven't had too much vomiting - for which I am grateful. I do feel like I could vomit all the time - so maybe that's worse. Haha, I'm not sure. By the way - isn't vomit just a horrible word???!!!

I'm lucky that I have a job that can go mobile - so I've been able to work from home - which I am so grateful for! So I've been working at home for about three weeks. This has made it much easier for me. I'm able to take a nap during the day and still get my hours in. I love my job!! My boss has been absolutely fantastic and understanding and that is an amazing blessing too!

My sleep patterns are so strange these days. For a while I was going to sleep at 10:30 and getting up about 8:30-9. Usually when I would sleep that long I would be all groggy - but not now. Its like it was just right. Except I would wake up several times. Then for a while I couldn't sleep at all. The only good sleep I would get would be for a couple hours in the morning - and during a nap in the day. For the last couple of nights the acid and heartburn have been so bad that I've not been able to get to sleep until 1am. Last night I was able to go to sleep about 10:30 - but I woke up at 4:30 and was awake for a good hour or so. 

Mike has been so wonderful! I can't really stand going in the kitchen much and he has been really helpful to keep it clean, to grocery shop, and to help me as much as he can. Last night at the Halloween carnival for our ward I had so much fun watching him with the little kids. He is going to be such a loving and playful dad - I can't wait! 

My emotions have started to get a little wild. A couple nights ago Mike and I were watching The Family Stone. And I could not stop crying - I just kept feeling so bad for the main character. And there was one part that I just lost it - like uncontrollable tears. And I was trying to hide it because I knew that it didn't make sense for me to be that upset at that moment. But he saw - and we both had a good laugh (while I continued to cry). It really was pretty funny. 

We've had two ultra-sounds. The second one we got to hear and see the heartbeat. The fetus looks like a little gummy bear. But the heart beat was strong and all appears to be well. 

The last two days - I've felt a tiny bit better and have been able to get out and be a part of the living a little - so that's been nice. I hope this continues and I'll be able to work some hours in the office. 

Well that's all for now!


Sarah said...

Oh, it is so exciting and I am so happy to have all of the details. I love hearing all about what you are going through so keep it up lady! :)

And hope you get feeling better soon....

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Glad you're having a healthy pregnancy, even though it's slightly unpleasant :D

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

I remember having heartburn a lot! But oh, the joys of being preggo! Truly I miss it! It is a wonderful time. :)


Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

thanks for the update! Oh the joys of being prego the first time :) I was sick sick sick too...all day everyday. It's normal, hard, and a blessing all wrapped up into one tiny miracle growing inside you.

hugs, Becca

Joy said...

So excited for you my Friend!!