Chapter 1, A new book



Many of you know, I've been trying to lose weight for years. And years. I've yo yoed. I've done well, and fallen back down again (or UP as the case may be). In 2016, I was at my highest weight, just under 300lbs. It was a year filled with severe depression, severe anxiety, per-diabetes, heart palpitations and tachycardia, possible fatty liver, sleep apnea, excessive sweating, headaches, horrible muscle cramping (in my legs and ribs), complete exhaustion on most days, chronic sinus infections, all caused by tipping the scale at the highest weight I've ever been. And the very worst part of it all is thinking about the kind of person I've been to those I love. Both Mike & Emma have suffered along with me. 

On Nov 1st I started a new health program, honestly thinking it would be another diet. Just a way to lose the weight. Little did I know, it was going to be the thing that will change me forever! 

The weight literally melted off in a way I've never experienced! With PCOS, it's really difficult to lose weight. So I usually only lose 10-12lbs in a month - at the MOST.  I lost 22lbs* in the first month!! I couldn't believe it! And it just kept going. In four months, I had lost 56lbs! Life was DRASTICALLY different. I could move comfortably again. I could get out of bed without pain. I could tie my shoes. I could go the whole day without needing a 2 hour nap. I could hug Mike and actually be close to him. I could fit into clothes again. I felt on top of the world! 

And a lot of the medical issues I had been having were also better! My numbers on my liver started to get better. My blood sugars leveled out, and I was no longer pre-diabetic. My monthly cycle has actually begun working properly. My depression and anxiety were not gone, but were easier to manage and were lessened quite a lot! 

The biggest thing we gained...

Relief! 

When I started, I was in pain. Mentally, physically, and in so many other ways. I just needed relief! I needed to be able to breath again. I found the program easy to follow, simple, and satisfying! I knew I had found something that I could use to finally reach my goal weight, and something that would teach me to make food choices that will allow me to maintain that weight loss for the rest of my life! 

*Average weight loss for Clients on the Optimal Weight 5&1™ with support is 20lbs. 

Comments

Popular Posts